PF resist, DF assist, no dorsal wrap, Softy Liner
- Patients with mild excess DF but good foot position
- Custom fabricated (from cast)
- Posterior upright - assists ankle during swing phase
- Fully integrated padding
- Mild spring action - of proximal posterior provides more consistent toe pick-up
- Assists ankle position during swing phase
- Defined plantar surface contours
- Softy Liner - made of foam provides more comfortable control of feet that are difficult align or have sensitive boney prominences
- Other liner materials are available - including Polyethylene, Co-poly, and OP Flex.
- For patients who exhibit weal dorsiflexion but have adequate foot position.
- For patients who show fair to poor control, especially in swing phase.
- For patients who lack consistency in ankle control due to weakness or poor proprioception (not because of high tone).
- For patients who desire minimum possible AFO for assistance rather than wraparound control and can function fairly well with no external support.
- For patients who have fairly good foot alignment when corrected.
- For patients who require extra padding for feet with sensitive boney prominences.